LGT Capital Partners is a leading alternative investment specialist with USD 80 billion in assets under management and more than 600 institutional clients in over 40 countries. An international team of over 600 professionals is responsible for managing a wide range of investment programs focusing on private markets, liquid alternatives and multi-asset class solutions. Headquartered in Pfaeffikon (SZ), Switzerland, the firm has offices in New York, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Vaduz, Dubai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney.
The private markets tax team needs to expand its operational tax capabilities covering both technical and operational aspects. The position as German Tax Specialist includes the following activities:
- Provide support in respect of ongoing German tax matters of the private equity and real estate funds, including providing support to the Investment Teams in the tax due diligence process, tax structuring and support to the Investor Teams in the German tax provisions;
- Assist in the annual German tax compliance process (coordination and review of the tax returns prepared by external advisors) and in arranging tax reporting to investors;
- Assist in collecting information for the annual German tax reporting process for our products in conjunction with external service providers;
- Establish and oversee German operational tax procedures and controls;
- Assessment of changes in international and domestic taxation rules and their impact on the company;
- Management of ad hoc tax projects and processes.
- BA or preferably Masters in tax, finance or accounting; L.L.M. or equivalent;
- Certification as German Tax Expert is a plus;
- 3 - 5 years of experience in German tax (advisory and/or asset management, private equity, hedge funds, or real estate) with special focus on Uniform Partnership Returns and CFC tax returns;
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, specifically in Excel;
- Fluency in German and English is required;
- Good analytical skills and ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks;
- Experience in and understanding of the international tax issues relating to fund structuring asset management and the distributions of investment funds, including investor tax reporting;
- Team player, self-motivated with the ability to work independently;
- Profile: a problem solver, very organized and detail orientated;
- Good communication skills, assertive, confident and trustworthy.
If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a successful alternative investment management team in an international, multicultural working environment we will be pleased to get to know you soon.
For further information please contact us.
LGT Capital Partners AG, Pfaeffikon